1) Gender/age of kids
• Reagan- female 3 • Deklen- male 1
2) What do you love most about being a Mom?
• My favorite part of being a mom is the unconditional love. Both the love I have for my kids but also the unconditional love they feel for me. It doesn’t matter how tough of a day I have had at work or what is going on in the world, when I walk in the door and they come running to the door squealing with excitement and tackling me to the floor with hugs and kisses, the rest of the world melts away. There is no greater reward out there.
3) What worries you most about raising kids in today’s society?
• Bullying. I know that I am biased in believing that my children are perfect and I want my kids to be comfortable in their own skin and be who they want to be. While it has always been around, I feel like it is becoming more prevalent with cyber bullying becoming an issue. Kids no longer have to have the courage to bully face to face- they can now do it electronically with little or no actual social interaction.
4) What do you want your children to remember about their childhood and you as their Mom?
• I want them to remember my unconditional love and support. I want them to know that no matter what happens, where they are, they can always call and I will be there. I want them to have fun memories of us together that when they think back on the memory they can just feel my love for them even through their memories and know that they are and always will be cherished.
5) What advice would you give to new Moms out there?
• Every child is different and you need to find what works best for you and your family. Everybody is going to have different opinions on how you should raise your children or how to discipline them. However what works for one family or even one child may not work for another. Watching my sister raise her children, they were all raised the same- yet have very different personalities and interests. Her eldest son used to love going in the tractor with dad to ‘help’ farm, while her middle son- had absolutely no interest in farm work and preferred to play on his Xbox. While taking the Xbox away from her middle son, may just have been the worst possible punishment, her eldest son would not have cared less to lose his Xbox privileges.